Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday Morning

As soon as my alarm clock started madly beeping at me this morning, I knew it was going to be a difficult day.

My head and stomach seemed to be having a heated discussion about who was going to torture me most. My eyes were simply refusing to co-operate and were threatening to declare independece from the rest of my head.

I managed to get up and crawl pathetically towards the kitchen with surprising ease. Pulling my self up to table height proved a bit more tricky but I eventually managed by jamming my leg under the closet and pushing. Once up, things were easier. I managed to make coffee, drink it and head back towards my room without too much pain or discomfort.

I showered, shaved, brushed my teeth and applied deodorant at will. Dressing proved tricky but finally managed to put on my dark grey suit, a blue shirt and my red Ermenegildo Zegna tie.

By the time I walked the three hundred metres or so which divide my house and the subway I was feeling much better. I remember thinking that the sky was a beautiful blue.

Twenty minutes on a packed subtel carriage, with some psycho mumbling loudly under his breath right next to my ear and some old lady stabbing me with her pointy elbows, and I was finally in the office.

Now, I only have to think of a way to get through the next nine hours, including two meetings and a conference call, without passing out and then I will be able to go home and sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Man that sounds bad. Hope you feel better

3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home