Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Boa in the toilet


On the news today I read an interesting story about a boa which apparently has been living for months in the drains of a building in Manchester, UK. The three meter long snake had been repeatedly seen by terrorized inhabitants of the building in the Manchester neighborhood where I actually lived for two years. The police and RSPCA were skeptical at first but when someone actually managed to catch it and trap it in a bucket they were forced to admit the truth. The snake had apparently been abandoned by an exotic pet owner had had survived by eating rats it caught in the sewers. All I can hope is that the snake could tell the difference between a small fuzzy part of the body and rat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Snakes are incredible creatures...in their natural environment. I am not sure how I would respond to finding one in my toilet!!

3:50 pm  
Anonymous guile said...

it would be nice to speak in parseltongue..

8:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home