Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Birthday

Well, today I started my second quarter of a century. It is strange how fast time passes. It seems only yesterday that I left home as an innocent eighteen year old.

So far my birthday has been particularly good. Nancy came over last night and at midnight she surprised me by taking out presents (two!) and a bottle of champagne. To be honest, I was actually, quite moved. The last time I got a birthday present was when I was eighteen and I had kind of got used to my birthdays passing by without too much fuss.

We, then, proceeded to put on an involuntary red light show for my neighbors (I really must remember to close those bloody curtains) and, in the end, Nancy decided to spend the night.

I woke up this morning tired but happy and left for work. At the office everyone was also extremely nice and will be going to lunch with all the “chicos” in a while

So far this had been a particularly good birthday. Lets hope the day continues as it has started.

2 Comments:

Blogger quel said...

Happy Birthday!
So sad you don't get presents every year...I find that depressing. Your birthday is your one special day of the year where you deserve all the attention, free drinks and yes, a present!
Good for you, this year...2 gifts AND some booty...

3:48 pm  
Blogger Wonko the Sad Clown said...

hehe, yep it wasnt at all bad this year. The thing is I travel too much. Have lived in six different cities in the last seven years (and 11 in the last 25!). It is quite common that, though I quite a few people, none of them are really that close. This year was different. :)

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home