Thursday, November 10, 2005

Is it love or Streptoccocus?

The last ten days have been particular to say the least. It all started mid way through last week and finally came to an end today. Like usual I was particularly stressed and frustrated trying to chase down Cristela (which was having none of it) and kept feeling very tired and miserable. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t work. I kept telling myself that love is such a bitter and sadist bitch and was feeling sorry for myself in a way that only a melodramatic love-struck imbecile can feel. Every day I kept feeling worse and worse.
Some colleagues at the office convinced me, on Monday, to go see a doctor so pessimistic and down trodden I left for the hospital. I spent the whole afternoon there while they took blood samples and carried out various tests. I was convinced that the doctor was going to tell me it was simply stress and send me home, instead I was informed by a smiling doctor that I had a severe bacterial infection and that he couldn’t believe I was walking around. He prescribed antibiotics and three full days rest.
Today got back in to the office and felt great. What I thought was love turned out to be simply an invasion of streptococcus! I guess sometimes I should forget my rampant melodrama and remember to keep a touch of realism.
Good news is that I have lost five kilos in ten days (could try marketing streptococcus based pills for the morbidly obese) and that I have definitely decided to abandon the whole Cristela thing.
At least, I am, once again, healthy, hungry and free!

4 Comments:

Blogger tombrad said...

:-D
It was Streptoccocus, not love!!!
Congratulations, your post was very educative for me, I´ll take into account if I have a love sorrow!!!!

2:21 pm  
Blogger Wonko the Sad Clown said...

I might also work as a good excuse! "Sorry love, not tonight, I have a bit of a streptoccocus"

2:25 pm  
Blogger Ash Sere said...

I hate to say it, but, "Yeah, right."

I must've given myself such an explanation on many occasions. And it always works... at first...

...But unless you act quickly and fill the gap that created the problem in the first place then the same problem will quickly slip back into reality. Particularly, that is, if Cristela is as devious as most women in the art of keeping a puppy-toy for her amusement.

The (real) answer: sleep with someone else. And quickly. While you're on a roll!

12:21 pm  
Blogger Wonko the Sad Clown said...

Well, took your advice and slept with a cute little blonde on Saturday. :) Details coming soon....

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home