Thursday, November 10, 2005

Two drunken poems

Searching for a taxi

Walking the humid streets
Desperately searching
Dragging my tired legs forward
My shirt sticks to my back
My suit heavy and coarse
I turn, hopeful and expectant
But the headlights roar past
Roaming the night lit streets
No taxi in sight

Ode to a pint of beer

Golden liquid, bubbles rising gently
A drop slides down the misty side
My lips kiss the soft white foam
And I swallow a first bitter gulp
I swallow again and the golden brew
Slides down my parched throat
Soothing and cold, filling and sweet
It hits my gut like a velvet punch
Expanding my throat in icy delight
I put it down and wait
Another gulp, then two
Another pause, another sip
Until all that remains is an empty glass

3 Comments:

Blogger Orikinla Osinachi. said...

Two golden poems.
Well composed.

Remember from one acorn sown
The oak tree is grown.

Beginning from one Word
God created the World.

As it written in John1:1-5 of the Holy Bible.

1. In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

2. The same was in the beginning with God.

3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

You are a poet.

God bless.

6:26 pm  
Blogger Wonko the Sad Clown said...

How did you manage to go from a poem about beer to a quote from the bible? hehe

6:29 pm  
Blogger tombrad said...

Well, Jesus used to drink some wine...

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home